Saturday, April 30, 2011

Paper Cutz Challenge #89




Good morning! Hope all is well! I am a day late on my post this week because I was on Mom-duty all day yesterday. My youngest had his very last track and field day ever! I cannot tell you how sad that makes me! Next year, my children will be in 7th, 8th, and 10th grade. Just typing that makes me want to cry. Where have the years gone??? I love being a mom to these kiddos so much and it seems like in the blink of an eye, they will be grown and gone....sigh. Well, I guess I just need to enjoy these years while I can and savor every minute.

So, onto my project for the Paper Cutz Challenge blog. This week is anything goes-any color, theme, etc. I made some thank you cards for two sweet young ladies at my church. They are both about to have babies, one a girl and the other a boy. They asked me to help them make their shower invitations. They are having their shower together and chose a bird theme. They picked sage green, cream, and polka dotted cardstock. So, Thursday they came to my house and we spent several hours cutting their cards out on my Cricut. When they were getting ready to leave, one of the girls was being so sweet trying to clean up my craftroom and she THREW ALL THE SCRAPS AWAY!!! I about had a heart attack. We paper crafters NEVER throw scraps away. These were 12x12 sheets with one card cut out on them! There was LOTS of paper left. As soon as they left, I dug all that paper out of the trash and trimmed it all up. As I was trimming the paper, I came up with these cards. I decided to make thank-you cards for these ladies as a surprise. I cut these cute little birds out of my Straight from the Nest cartridge. They stamped birds on their cards. I made little blue birds for the mommy-to-be of the little boy and pink for the mommy-to-be of the girl. I ran those through my Swiss Dots folder, then inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress inks. I cut the sage cardstock into 3x3 cards and matted them with the cream cardstock that I inked on the edges with more distress ink. The patterned paper was punched with a Fiskars border punch. I inked this with distress ink as well. I stamped the sentiment with the same ink, then pop-dotted the birds onto the cards. I think that they are so cute and I know the girls will love this surprise.

It's so funny. I look at these young ladies just starting out, about to have these precious babies. Then I look at my sweet kiddos, growing up so fast, and it's so bittersweet. I hope that they take the time to enjoy every single moment with those babies because it goes by so fast! We should all take the time to enjoy our families. These moments are all so precious! Have a great week everyone and don't forget to head over to the Paper Cutz Challenge blog and enter your project!




No comments:

Post a Comment