Friday, April 1, 2011

Paper Cutz Challenge #85



Good morning, everyone! Happy April! It's hard to believe that spring is almost here. It's been cold and rainy here all week. Hope it warms up a little soon. But with spring comes Easter and that is probably my favorite holiday of the year. I love the real meaning of Easter....Christ dying on the cross for us, then rising again! What a gift of pure love! I have to admit that I also enjoy the other parts of this holiday, too. The bunnies, chicks, lambs and eggs. The pretty colors....everything! Well, maybe not the Easter grass so much. That stufff gets everywhere! LOL. But, enough about all of that....onto this weeks challenge for Paper Cutz! The new challenge is any kind of Easter project that you can dream up-card, layout, or other paper project. Any color, shape, etc. is fine. Skies the limit! Once you finish, link it up on the PCC site at your chance at a prize at the end of the month. Here's my project....


I decided that I wanted to do a punch bunny. I really love punch art. I think it looks cute and I love the challenge of using my punches to come up with different shapes. Whenever I buy a punch now, I try to envision other ways in which I can use it. I do the same with my Cricut cartridges now, too. Now I just need to find the time to sit down and make all of this stuff!! Anyway, I used circle punches for the bunnies body. Can you guess how I made the ears? I used Martha Stewart's rose leaf punch! I just trimmed off the edges of the leaves. I ran all of these pieces through my Xyron and then rubbed white flocking all over them to make my bunnies fuzzy. The rest of the card was made with various Martha punches and scraps of paper and cardstock from my stash. I printed the sentiment on my computer and punched the edge with a Stampin Up edge punch and added some bling. I really think my little bunny card came out pretty cute. My daughter thought I should have made the bunnies brown, though. Not sure if I agree or not. Might have to just make another one and see what I think! Have a wonderful day and don't forget to join the Paper Cutz Challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute Easter card! I'm just starting to get into using punches more. The problem is finding space to store those things cause they are huge!

    Jen in Miami

    ReplyDelete