Saturday, March 19, 2011

Paper Cutz Challenge #83




Hello, everyone! The current challenge for the PCC this week is.....anything goes! Whatever color, theme, image-the skies the limit! I decided to try and make a more elegant card this time. I have a friend whose daughter will be getting married this summer, so I decided that I wanted to make a wedding card for her. I can't believe she's old enough to get married....makes me feel old!! LOL! Anyway, I've been seeing these pretty hearts that people made to look like a bride and groom on-line and thought that I could do that! So, I punched out three hearts-one black and two white. I ran one of the white ones through my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. I added three tiny pearl embellishments down the front of the heart and added two black mini brads to the black heart. Well I did that after I had cut down the center of the heart to about the middle and folded back those sides to form a lapel. I adhered that to the other white heart and hand cut a bow tie. I used one of my Quick Kutz embossing folders and a Spellbinders die for the Shape I cut with the champagne colored shimmery cardstock. I cut a frame out of the black shimmery cardstock with the Spellbinders also. I thought that it needed a little more pop, so I used an EK Success edge punch and layered some metallic red cardstock behind it. I love this punch. It reminds me of jewels for some reason and thought it would lend itself well to the theme of this card. I used the same red cardstock to make my roses, which I made with my Martha Stewart hydrangea punches. I LOVE these punches! So easy and fun to make these roses and so much cheaper than buying the premade ones. I used my Martha rose leaf punch for the leaves. I added some tiny diamond embellishments to the centers of the flowers and I think it finished my card off nicely! I had the best time making this card! Why don't you head on over to the Paper Cutz Challenge blog and add an awesome creation of your own? I'd love to see it and you have a chance at winning a prize at the end of this month! Good luck and happy creating!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! Lisa this card is Gorgeous!!! I love your flowers!! Great paper choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!! What a neat idea to make bride & grooms that way.

    ReplyDelete