Friday, February 11, 2011

Paper Cutz Challenge #78


Hello, everyone! Trying my best to keep warm today. We got almost 8 inches of snow in our yard on Wednesday! It has caused our town to pretty much come to a halt. Thankfully, I haven't had to get out, but my hubby had to go back to work today, which took him over an hour to go about 15 miles!!! But, he made it safely, so that's good!

So, onto this week's challenge. You are to create a card, layout or other papercrafting project that features either butterflies, bees, or ladybugs. Once you've finished your project, put it on your blog and submit your project on the PCC. You'll then be entered for a prize at the end of the month. Good luck!

Here's my submission for the challenge. I decided to go with bees for my project. I love the look of black and yellow together and think it creates a striking look. The design of my card was pretty simple, but I really love the results. I made an A2 sized card with a yellow card front that I ran through my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. I cut 3 squares from yellow that I also ran through the folder, then 3 slightly larger black squares that I matted the yellow squares to. I punched out 3 bees with my Martha Stewart bee punch and attached them to the squares with glue dots. I added black mini brads to the corners of the squares. I pop-dotted the squares to the card front. For a final touch, I punched these zig zags with my EK success edge punch and attached them to the card. See, simple, right? But, I think you would agree that the black and yellow really "pops"! I can't wait to see what you come up with, so be sure to submit your "buggy" project to the Paper Cutz Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment