Saturday, October 16, 2010

PCC Challenge #63







This week's challenge at the Paper Cutz Challenge Blog is......ANYTHING GOES!!!!! That's right, any theme, any colors, any embellishments! The sky's the limit! Now typically, this would be super-exciting for me. But this week has not been the best of weeks for me. I was home with a sick kiddo all week, not feeling great myself, and never left the house, except to pick up the other kids from school. Needless to say, I was not feeling very creative or inspired, so I struggled all week trying to figure out what to make. Then I started thinking about my life and the lives of some of my friends. True, I was "stuck at home" all week with a child with a stomach bug, but it's only a stomach bug. Meanwhile a girl I went to high school with has a child that's battling leukemia at this very moment. My friend that just moved to Texas just found out that her dad has terminal cancer and only about 6 months to live. My elderly aunt is in and out of the hospital right now with all sorts of medical problems and they aren't sure how much longer she will hang on. I thought of all of this and it hit me........GRATITUDE. That's what I should be feeling at this moment. I am fortunate that the worst thing my child has gone through up until this point has been a stomach bug here and there and I am also fortunate that I am able to stay at home and take care of my children when they are sick. I am so blessed in so many ways and I must always try to remember that, even when I am "stuck at home" with a sick child. So, along with the PCC Challenge for this week, I also want to challenge you to look for those little blessings that we so often overlook everyday! God bless!

Recipe:
Recollections cardstock
Patterned paper
Spellbinders Labels and Ovals dies
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
EK Success border punch
Fun Flock-Orange
Gratitude stamp (I think from Stampendous)
Sakura sparkly gel pen

No comments:

Post a Comment