Friday, October 8, 2010

Paper Cutz Challenge #62


The challenge for this week at Paper Cutz Challenge could not have been more perfect for me! This week's challenge is to make a project using red, black, and white. The reason that is was perfect for me is that it is "Spirit Week" in my little town and our school colors are red, black, and white! With all the homecoming festivities and ball games, it's been a flurry of these colors all week, so I've been surrounded by inspiration. I've come up with some really great ideas that I will use for projects later on, but for this challenge, I focused on one project that I will be using for Christmas gifts for the teachers I know.


You know those purse calendars that you can get at the dollar store? Well, they are great to have, but are usually pretty boring-looking. So, I took one of those and decided to alter it for the teachers and students in my town. I am sure that this would be perfect to do with cuts from your Cricut, but I used manual die cuts and hand punches for this one. This can so easily be adapted to any size calendar and any theme that you wish! Don't forget to make your own project and post it over at Paper Cutz Challenge!


Project recipe:

pocket planner calendar (Big Lots)

designer paper

Recollections cardstock

EK Success edge punch

The Paper Studio paw print punch

Marvy circle punches

Cuttlebug letter die cuts

Michael's ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment