Saturday, August 21, 2010

Throwback Thursday Challenge....Frame It!!


So, this week's Throwback Thursday Challenge at Emma's blog was called "Frame It". We were supposed to create a project that we "framed" somehow and we were also supposed to use Paper Doll Dress Up. This came out totally different than I originally planned. Originally, I wanted to make a pumpkin frame, but I didn't like how it came out. It just looked weird to me. So, I put it aside and didn't touch it again for the rest of the week because nothing was coming to me. I also had to get my kids back to school, watch a baby from church, organize some dinners for the Meals Ministry at church, AND make some birthday invitations for a friend's daughter. They came out soooo cute and I will post them in the next couple of days. Anyway, I started this tonight and think it came out pretty cute. I would have liked to have spent more time on it, but today I had to finish the invitations and this evening we had a going away dinner for my friend, Amber, that is moving away to Texas next week.


Card recipe:
A2 sized card
Paper Doll Dress Up
George and Basic Shapes
Martha Stewart Drippy Goo Punch
Martha Stewart Tear Drop Hand Punch
Michael's Dollar Stamp
Recollections Cardstock

I cut out the ghosts and spider from Paper Doll Dress Up. I hid their faces on my Gypsy and hand drew the little faces with a Martha Stewart fine tip marker. I created the "window frame" on my Gypsy by using squares from George and Basic Shapes. I did one solid square for the background. I made two of the windows with the panes cut out and glued them together. I cut the bottoms off of the ghosts and glued them to the window frame. I pop dotted the frame to the solid square. I punched the tear drops and drew eye balls on them and put them in the window as well. I pop dotted the spider coming down from the window and drew the web with marker. I added the drippy goo border to the top of my card. The stamp is one of those dollar ones from Michael's and I really love it. I wish it didn't have the pumpkins on it, though. I may try to take those off another day.....I think it's ok for a quick card. I usually like to be WAY more detailed, but today was a crazy day around here, so I had to make it quick!

8 comments:

  1. LISA!!! I LOVE THIS CARD!!! You used my FAVORITE GHOSTS EVER!! I WANT this card!! lol...... GREAT job w/the challenge my friend!
    Gypsy Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable idea. I LOVE your take on the challenge. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the whole punch you used!

    Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo awesome! Great card and great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card! I love the sentiment. TFS and have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!!! I LOVE that saying!!! Too awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute!!! Lovethe sentiment. Fits the whole theme of the card perfectly. TFS...
    Sweet Creations...
    http://sweetdelightspapernmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete