So this week, I have had a really bad cold. The kind of cold where your head is all stuffy and you just feel groggy all the time. It's kind of made it hard to get much done. My house has basically gone to shambles, but it's given me some down time to be in my craft room. I've been looking at a lot of blogs and challenges. I think it's good to do these challenges because it really makes you think on your feet. You have rules you have to follow and different themes. I love it because it really helps me to think outside of the box and get out of my comfort zone. I would say that I have a certain style of card making. It is more whimsical and fun, rather than elegant. I always love those kinds of cards, but for some reason, they just don't come as easily to me as the cutesy cards. So, I'm trying to do more and more challenges to push myself creatively. It also doesn't hurt that I'm building up quite a card collection!
The card that I created today goes for two different challenges. One of the challenges is at Jitterbuggin'. It was a sketch challenge in which we had to use scraps and have something that started with a "b" on it. The other challenge is at Whimsie Doodles. We were to create a project using text paper. I had so much fun on this card. I do think it came out pretty elegant looking. I made it into a "get well soon card" .....maybe I'll send it to myself!! LOL.
5x5 sized card
Marvy circle punches
EK Success scallop circle punch
Martha Stewart rose leaf punch
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Cuttlebug "get well soon" die cut
Brads from my embellishment box
I punched out 9 scalloped circles from my text paper and inked the edges with Cat's Eye gold. I cut in between the scallops, making sure not to cut too far down. I kind of "pounced" the stamp pad over the paper just to add a little more color. I stacked three of these on top of my piercing mat and pierced through all of the layers. I put one of the brads through and fluffed up the flowers to look fuller. My brads were light pink and green, so I inked them with my gold Cat's Eye. It took a little while to dry, so if you plan to do this, you may want to do it ahead of time. I punched out the leaves, butterfly and sentiment with this text paper as well and totally covered these with gold ink. The flowers are put on the card with glue dots, the sentiment was ran through my little Xyron. The leaves and butterflies were pot dotted onto my card. I also put on the Dew Drops with glue dots. The pearls on the butterflies were applied with Mono Aqua. Thanks for looking and have a great day everyone!