Tuesday, August 31, 2010

BBTB2 Challenge


I'm hoping to get several posts done today. I'm trying to push myself to be able to get more challenges done. I'm really bad about spending an entire day on one card and if I ever do start making and selling them like I plan to, I will need to learn to be a little faster sometimes! Anyway, this challenge was really fun. We were to use the flamingo from Life is a Beach, but were not supposed to make it pink!! I decided to use this wild patterned paper scrap that I had in my scrap box. I used the waves border from Life is a Beach and cut three of those. I used the sun from Doodlecharms and layered two of those on top of one another, inked the edges with red, then over top of that with a yellow. I hand cut the sand and the castle, pail, and shovel are a Cuttlebug die set. I inked the castle with brown and the pail and shovel were inked with red. I cut the cardstock for the sentiment with my trimmer and stamped the sentiment in red with a Recollections dollar stamp. I used Stickles on the flamingo's beak and legs and on the ocean waves.

Card recipe:
Cricut Life is a Beach
Cricut Doodlecharms
Cuttlebug Die Set
Stickles
Recollections cardstock
Ink pads in red, yellow, brown and orange

4 comments:

  1. Awesome card Lisa!!! Love the glitter on the waves, really makes the whole card POP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun page!!! I love the waves with the sparkle. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this card is darling! With talent like yours you really should consider entering some of your projects over at the Papercraft Star! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com. All the challenges are provided way in advance so that you have plenty of time to enter and there are great prizes to win as well!

    ReplyDelete