Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sewing.....I'm a little bit rusty!


So, my two boys will be going to church camp on Sunday. This will be the first time that they have ever gone to church camp and ever been away from me for very long, even though they are 10 and 11 years old. Needless to say, I'm a little nervous and sad, and I have a feeling that even though they would never admit it, they are too! I'm glad that they'll have each other on their first time away from the nest (except for the occasional sleepover). Anyway, to make them feel special, I am making them a quillow to take with them to camp. What exactly is a quillow, you ask? Well, it is a blanket (or quilt) that folds into a pillow. My boys picked out really cool dragon fabric with flames, one picking blue and one picking orange. Of course being the procrastinator that I am, I waited until the last minute to make them. I have just spent the last few hours cutting the fabric and the batting and it was not very fun! I'm not the best at cutting straight or on a large scale, so I'm just praying that they come out half-way decent! I don't want the boys taking some pitiful looking blankets to camp with them. I'm realizing that I am way out of practice on this sewing thing. My friend helped me to make a quillow a couple of months back and it was so easy. Of course, she was standing over my shoulder guiding my every move, so heck yeah, it was easy! I will post pics and directions as soon as I get it done (as long as it isn't too embarrassing-haha!). Wish me lots of luck : )

No comments:

Post a Comment