Saturday, July 30, 2011

Paper Cutz Challenge #102- Under the Sea!


Hey everyone! Sorry, I'm late posting. Trying to get these kiddos ready for back to school, getting ready for a wedding next weekend, a birthday party that I'm making the invites for, and I had to drive my daughter to go babysit unexpectedly last night. These are the days when I really wish I was more organized. You know.....one of those moms who gets everything done, whose hair is always fixed, and whose house is always clean and tidy. I am totally NOT that person. I'm lucky to get a couple of things on my "to do" list done, hair is usually in a messy ponytail, and currently my house looks like a tornado hit it.....sigh. Anyway, I did not make it to putting up my post yesterday and I apologize. It's a great challenge that Mary has picked for us.
Under the Sea......anything that you might find in the ocean. Fish, seahorses, shells, mermaids, anything. Have fun with it and post it on the Paper Cutz Challenge blog for a chance at a prize. For my card, I decided on a Fish Bowl card. It was originally going to be an ocean scene instead, but I couldn't get the layout like I wanted, so I decided to go with the shaped bowl. I used a Stampin' Up set that I had for the fish and stamped it with VersaMark and used black embossing powder. I colored the fish with glitter gel pens. I punched out the balloons with a balloon punch from The Paper Studio. The fish bowl and seaweed are from Create-a Critter and the sand was cut freehand. I cut a smaller layer of a bowl and trimmed off the top and bottom to make the water. I ran that through a Sizzix folder that came in a summer set. I pop dotted the balloons and the fish onto the card and stamped the sentiment at the bottom. After I snapped the pic of my card, I added white gel pen highlights to the "bubbles" made by the embossing folder. I really thing that gave the card more "pop" than what it looks like here.
So, that's my card for this week! Be sure to put yours on the PCC blog. I can't wait to see what you come up with! Thanks for visiting my purple playroom! Have a great weekend!
Lisa P.

1 comment:

  1. Great card! I love your colorful little fish. Reminds me of all the times I read Rainbow Fish to my students when I taught Kindergarten :)

    I am looking forward to being on the DT with you and all the other talented ladies at Paper Cutz Challenge.

    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete