Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Christmas Card


Well, there's not much exciting stuff going on right now. Just waiting for my car to get out of the shop and busy with church activities. I made this card actually a little while back, but kept forgetting to post it here. I found this designer paper at my local scrapbook store in the clearance area and thought it would make a beautiful Christmas card. I also found this Poinsettia Nestabilities set and thought it was really pretty, too. One of the ladies at the store said that she will be doing a bracelet making class using this die set, so I snapped it up! I punched out the Poinsettias from burgandy cardstock, then ran them through my Swiss Dots embossing folder, then inked the layers with some brown ink. I put them together with a pearl brad, then used my stylus to curl the petals. The medallion that the flower is on was made by taking a square of dark green cardstock and using my Martha edge punch in the center of each side of the square. I then put a dot of burgandy Stickles in the center of each of the corners, then a clear dew drop on each. I found a large bag of these dew drops in the floral section for like 5 bucks and used a half off coupon. I must have gotten thousands of them. I have inked over the top of them as well as putting the Stickles underneath. So much cheaper than the other ones and more versatile! This ribbon is some ribbon that I found in the dollar area of Michael's. I love searching through all of those little bins at Michael's. You never know what kind of treasures you may find! Anyway, I'm really happy with this card. I thought it was very elegant and classic looking. I sort of think that maybe I should have embossed the burgandy at the top of the card.....hmmmm. What' s your opinion?
Card recipe:
Recollections cardstock
Designer paper I found on clearance
Dollar ribbon from Michael's
Clear Skittles from the floral section of Michael's
Nestabilities Poinsettia die set
Martha Stewart edge punch.....it's called "pinking-something"
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
Pearl brad
Burgandy Stickles

2 comments:

  1. I Love it!!! That stripped paper is gorgeous! Love the medalian too, very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maureen! I am really kicking myself for not getting more of that paper! Grrr....

    ReplyDelete