Saturday, July 24, 2010

Throwback Thursday.....late again!!


So, I am now on my 3rd Throwback Thursday Challenge from Emma at My Creative Time and I'm loving it! For some reason, though, I always seem to be late getting it done. I'm always right under the wire for the deadline. I've always worked best under pressure, though! This card was a tough one for me. I must have changed my mind on it at least half a dozen times. First, I was going to do a shaped card, then just a regular A2 card. Then I decided to do a side-step. I've never done one before, so I decided to give it a go. The only things I knew for certain was that it had to be cupcakes, it needed some zebra, and it needed hot pink and lime green. This card is for my baby El's very first birthday. Actually, she's my sweet friend Amy's baby girl, but I love her as though she were my own. You know that "extended family" stuff I talked about in my last post. Well, Amy and her family are definitely those people to me. Amy is like my little sister and Elizabeth and her big brother Gabe are my niece and nephew. My real sisters live in Oklahoma and Texas and have no kiddos for me to spoil yet, so I love to spoil my friend's kids! So much fun! El's birthday is a cupcake theme in lime and hot pink and her mommy LOVES zebra, just like me! I actually love the way this card came out, but I don't like the way it photographed. I just bought a photo tent, but it's late and I didn't feel like trying to figure it out tonight, so I just tried to get the best photo I could. The picture doesn't do it justice, though! Thanks for looking and good night (or morning....or afternoon....depending on when you look at this post-LOL!)


Card recipe:

Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge (for the cupcake)
Cricut Pooh Font (for the 1)
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
Martha Stewart cupcake border punch
Sizzix Sizzlits letters
Recollections cardstock
the Paper Studio Safari Untamed glossy paper pack
mini brads
heart gem brad
Pop dots for the 1 and the cupcake

7 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! this is FABULOUS love that color combo and the side step is wonderful, the zebra print a perfect finish touch ;)INspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card!! We were on the same wave lenght. I was doing a step card too! OOO spooky!
    But unlike you I didn't get mine done in time. lol. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, you make the CUTEST cards my friend!! WOW, this came out AMAZING!!! GREAT job w/the challenge!
    Gypsy Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa!
    It's Roni from Westside! I actually just posted a layout on my blog that used some flowers that I made! I love making them! Sad thing is, I seem to be busier on summer break and have not crafted near as much as I had hoped I would. I love your card! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the Elizabeth font! I saw the matching thank you cards on the cricut mb... BEAUTIFUL job!!!

    ReplyDelete