Saturday, July 10, 2010

I've Got Sunshine on a Cloudy Day


Well, tomorrow's the big day.....I'm sending my boys off to camp for the first time ever! I am abnormally worried about my kids when they are away from me. Seriously. I come up with all these weird scenarios of things that could happen. Mind you, these things would probably never happen, but in my crazy imagination, they do. It's like I'm the only person in the world that can keep them safe. I know this is not true and that I cannot shield them from the world, so I'm doing a lot of praying and putting them on the bus tomorrow morning for camp. While they are at camp, my daughter and I will be going on our first road trip together to visit my mom and sister. I'm really excited about that. Of course, this leaves my sweet and wonderful hubby home alone. I wonder what kind of shenanigans he may get into while we are away? I just hope he does not put a hole in my new stove!

Anyway, I've been feeling a little blue this week. I'm going to be missing my boys, plus I have some friends who are going to be moving away soon. I've just felt down. I am trying to get better about getting in my craft room more because it really is therapy for me. I've been checking out a lot of other blogs and reading a lot on the Cricut message board because I'm trying to start using my Gypsy more. Up until now, I've been mainly using it to find out what images are on what cartridges. I have come to ABSOLUTELY LOVE Emma at Creative Time for Me. I love how she does her Gypsy design on video where you can do it right along with her! It has truly helped me a lot. I also noticed a scrapbook layout she did with adorable penguins on the beach. I fell in love with the precious sun that she had on there and that is what inspired this card. I really love how he turned out and he definitely brightened up my day and made me smile! I cannot wait to give him to a friend when they need a lift one day!

Card recipe:
Cricut Life is a Beach
Cricut George and Basic
Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl
Cuttlebug Embossing Combo for the "Hi" sentiment
Butterfly punch
Ink
Stickles
White Signo pen
Ribbon
Recollections cardstock
Pop Dots
Yellow Dew Drop

I used my Gypsy to make 2 layers of the sun. I used the hide contour feature to hide the sun's face on both layers, then I used George and Basic to make a circle for the face of the sun. I cut this out of yellow cardstock. I inked my sun with orange, glued all the parts together, then hand drew his face, added White Signo highlights to his face, and added a yellow Dew Drop for the nose. I punched the butterflies out of scraps of orange and red cardstock and used a Sharpie to color in the bodies and spots. I embossed the blue cardstock, then took a blue stamp pad and lightly rubbed it across the embossing pattern. I then added the ribbon to the cardstock, then put the rest of the card together. I glued on the "hi" sentiment and pop-dotted the butterflies and sun. For the final touch, I applied one of my favorite embellishments, Stickles!!! That's it.....

1 comment: